Kebabs are all-time favourites and come in myriad varieties both for the vegetarians and the non-vegetarians. In India, they have been a symbol of opulence with the Nawabs and the rich vouching for it. Some of the famous varieties of kebabs like the Galouti, the Shami and the Kakori have in fact originated in the royal kitchens. The aroma that engulfs the place selling kebabs simply makes you crave for one.
Now that the era of Nawabs is over, the recipes have moved to restaurants. Here are some of the best restaurants in Delhi where you can satiate your kebab cravings.
- Pind Balluchi: The one-stop destination to satiate your cravings for sumptuous and succulent kebabs is Pind Baluchi CP. Once you are here, you are taken on a nostalgic trip to the state of Punjab as they basically offer you a lot of the authentic ones on a single plate. The décor of the place also gives the feeling of a Punjabi village. This restaurant on the first floor is hard to miss even from a distance and is full all through the week. It also offers happy hours deals and discounts making the delicious meal here furthermore lucrative.
- The Immigrant Café: If you are looking for a place that is relaxed and chilled out then head to Immigrant Café. Here you can hang out with your gang enjoying some lip-smacking kebabs. Though the food menu is not very extensive, whatever they offer is truly heavenly. They offer multiple cuisines and their specialisation is in kebabs.
- The Embassy: This place has been dishing out tasty kebabs for long – in fact, right from the year post independence. The USP of the place is that they have not changed their offerings since then and are dishing out the same kebabs made from same list of ingredients for decades now. Among the crowd of many new cafes with uniquely named dishes and loud noises, this place has retained the old age charm.
- Slounge – Lemon Tree Premiere: It is an ultra-modern lounge that is basically focused on catering to those who love to have some quick bites with exotic drinks – it’s the perfect stop for kebab lovers. It is popular among the people who love to spend some quality time with friends or celebrate some occasion with them. The extensive menu of delicacies that are offered here goes perfectly with the alcoholic beverages. The seating is comfortable, the ambience is good and the lighting is just perfect.
- Frontier – The Ashok: The place throws an extensive menu for both vegetarians as well as non-vegetarians. The rich and authentic Kebabs here just leave you spellbound and you crave for more and more. The moment you enter it, the subtle ambience and the perfect hospitality lifts up your spirits. The place is classy and you can gorge on yummy kebabs and other delicious dishes from North Indian and Mughlai cuisines.
When in Delhi, you are never short of places that serve some of the best kebabs in the country and you should definitely try them.