Rummy is a fun card game that can be enjoyed with friends, family, or strangers. You can play the game offline and online however you like. There are many rummy variants like 13 card and 21 card games that you can enjoy. Rummy has a ton of social, monetary, and intellectual benefits. Studies have proven that playing rummy improves your mathematical skills and helps in memory and concentration. It keeps you sharp and analytical. The game, when played online, introduces you to many different people having different game strategies. You get to learn from them and improve your skillset. It also makes you more social, as you start talking to strangers and learn the art of making friends. Since some websites offer cash prizes, you get to earn some passive income too.
Rummy has given birth to many expressions and words that we use in our daily conversations. Like, remember the time you commented someone to be “the Jack of all trades” or someone suggested you have “an ace up your sleeve?” Some emotions or feelings – funny, sarcasm, anger, or seriousness, too have expressions that have their roots in fun card games like rummy. There are many other thought-provoking quotes or catchphrases that may have popped up during casual conversations.
We have listed down the top 10 most thought-provoking ones on the card game.
- Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will – Jawaharlal Nehru
- Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her; but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game – French Philosopher Voltaire
- One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards – Oscar Wilde
- Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well – Josh Billings
- Just when you think you’re playing your cards right. God shuffles the deck – Mark Sheppard
- Marriage is a lot like playing cards. In the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond. By the end, you’ll wish you had a club and a spade – Unknown
- Trust everybody, but cut the cards – Finley Peter Dunne
- Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing poor hand well – Jack London
- Cards are war, in disguise of a sport. – Charles Lamb
- Rummy – In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s mind there are few. – Shunrya Suzuki
And one bonus quote to fuel you up for the game:
- Play every game as if it’s your last one. – Gary Lafleur
We hope you enjoyed our list of top 10 thought-provoking quotes on rummy.